Win one of these 29 fabulous Margaret River prizes
Wines, lunches, books and more from WA's premium wine region
Be in the running for one of these 29 fantastic prizes Margaret River prizes including
- a mystery mix of Margaret River wines,
- case of Knee Deep Wines,
- lunches at Vasse Felix, Cullen Wines and The Berry Farm plus
- 20 books and maps featuring Western Australia wines.
- There are also tickets to the region's fabulous wine and food Festival to be won.
Good things come in threes – this is what you could win:
QUINTESSENTIAL MARGARET RIVER WINES: ONE OF 3 CASES
The Margaret River Wine Industry Association has provided a marvellous mystery mix of their wines as they gear up for their annual five day Festival in March.
There are three cases to be won and all are classics that showcase the terroir and indisputable winemaking skills of this vibrant and innovative wine region.
From Knee Deep Wines comes a case of a mixed wines highlighting the skills of renowned winemaker Bob Cartwright and including their 2010 Knee Deep Sweet, 2008 Cabernet Merlot, 2008 Hayley's Reserve Shiraz, 2008 Kelsea's Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, 2008 Vintage Shiraz, 2009 Kim's Chardonnay, 2009 Sue's Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 Chenin Blanc, 2010 Rose, 2010 Sauvignon Blanc and 2010 Sauvignon Blanc Semillon.
Knee Deep produce small parcels of fine wine from the heart of the Margaret River wine region. The name not only reflects a passionate commitment to the premium winemaking process but refers, tongue-in-cheek, to the fact it was established when there was a glut of grapes and is a wry smile to the testing conditions in which it was born.
And of course, it can also mean the laid-back Margaret River state of mind in which visitors often find it so easy to immerse themselves.
ONE OF 3 SUPERB VINEYARD LUNCHES from Vasse Felix, Cullen Wines and The Berry Farm
There's nothing quite like a vineyard lunch with finely prepared local produce matched perfectly wines from the vines in view to make an unforgettable Margaret River experience. We have three lunches to be won:
- From being one of the first vineyards planted in the region, Vasse Felix is now one of the most highly reviewed and visited wineries in Australia and for good reason.
The combination of an exquisite restaurant, a unique underground cellar and tasting room and art gallery make it the perfect destination for a relaxing afternoon of wine, food and vineyard views.
- It's not just the vineyard that is certified A Grade Biodynamic, at Cullen Wines their restaurant prepares and serves dishes using fresh, biodynamic organic produce sourced from their own garden and select local producers.
Even the building itself, made of granite and timber, blends harmoniously into its surroundings. Another of the original vineyards in the area now offering some of the finest wine and food experiences.
- The Berry Farm is nestled in the picturesque Rosa Glen Valley and tantalises the tastebuds with a delectable range of jams, vinegars, preserves and award-winning fruit and table wines, ports and liqueurs.
The Berry Farm Cottage Cafe was originally a 1925 group settlers home but now the wide verandahs and timber floors open up to a lovely cottage garden setting brimming with bird life where our winner will enjoy a country style lunch from the seasonal menu.
SIP AND SAVOUR WITH TICKETS TO THE MARGARET RIVER WINE REGION FESTIVAL: 3 DOUBLE PASSES
Celebrate Vintage as you forage for local produce and sample from over 200 wines in this abundance of wine, food, music and art experiences.
Meet the passionate winemakers, inspired artisans and committed producers that make Margaret River the special place it is.
Experience the region's bounty of natural produce as you graze your way in relaxed style or savour the signature dishes from the array of talented chefs before meandering through the amazing diversity of wine styles.
Live local music and commissioned artistic displays on the Visual Arts Trail and People's Choice Art all add to the total experience of pure Margaret River pleasure.
RESEARCH THE WINE AND FOOD OF THIS ICONIC REGION: 3 BOOKS (14 copies total) AND 6 MAPS
- must eat by Russell Blaikie is another must-read cookbook from Australia's foodie west. Russell established Must Winebar in Perth which is one of the city's favourites and he's now taken this successful formula to Must Margaret River where the lucky winner of the major prize will be spending their nights.
But the book isn't about these venues - it's about the three tenets of provenance, seasonality and suppliers along with delicious recipes that are restaurant dishes to 'ideally serve up to inspire your own cooking at home'.
It's a fantastic distillation of Must chefs' many combined years of experience in one tome that highlights how WA is developing its own style of cuisine. Win one of these four copies and you'll soon be planning your next culinary trip out west.
- Ray Jordan has more than thirty years' wine writing experience and his insight and knowledge of the Western Australian wine industry is extensive. Each year he shares his thoughts on the current vintage, the state of the industry, the best of the West and featuring over 800 wines from all of the state's wine regions and this year is no different.
The Ray Jordan 2011 wa wine guide is the ultimate guide to wines from this state but it's more than a list - it has recipes from Perth's top chefs, handy tips on tasting, cellaring and of course, need-to-know wine and food matching advice.
With all that plus its handy WA wineries map, this is a must-have book for anyone serious about wines in the west and we have five copies to be won.
- Produced by the Margaret River Wine Industry Association, the Margaret River Wine and Food Recipe Book is a delightful book, both a souvenir of one of Australia's best wine regions and the perfect way to try a few different dishes from the west - matched with their delicious wines of course!
Chefs from the region's vineyard restaurants have shared some of their favourite recipes with a result an interesting mix of old and new dishes, all eminently do-able. You could win one of five copies.
- To find your way around this spectacularly rich culinary region, you'll need the Essential Wine Touring Map of Margaret River and we have six maps to be won. Author and guide Conor Logan has a deep association with the area (his parents are founders of Xanadu Estate) so you can be assured the map includes the best on offer, whatever the size.
The map includes 98 wine makers along with local food producers, bars, eateries and microbreweries with location, contact details and GPS co-ordinates. With background information on the winemaking cycle, vintage ratings and more, it's a very useful guide to keep on hand when you're on the road less travelled.
In total, there are 29 prizes!
Someone has to win them. Why not you?
Please read the COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS HERE »
To see our recommendations, ratings and reviews you must be a logged-in subscriber.
To subscribe please enter your email address in the "Subscribe Now - it's Free" box on the right and click the "Join" button, or fill in this form >