Discover the Australian Fish & Seafood Cookbook by Susman, Huckstep, Hodges and Swan »
Neil Perry calls it the 'bible for seafood'
Fish and seafood are without doubt the most distinctive, appetising and special of all produce. Years in the making, The Australian Fish & Seafood Cookbook has been written by the most respected authorities on seafood in Australia and New Zealand.
This landmark publication contains all you need to know about selecting and preparing over 60 types of fish and seafood, including catching methods, notes on sustainability, flavour profiles and cooking guidelines.
While many of us love the flavour and texture of beautifully cooked fish and seafood, with the plentiful nutritional benefits of eating this lean form of protein, most of us don’t cook all that much fish and seafood ourselves at home. This book is here to change this.
Featuring more than 130 of the best seafood recipes, the Australian Fish & Seafood Cookbook is brimming with information and step-by-step instructions that will inspire you to try new and different species of fish and seafood and the different ways of cooking them.
This, coupled with the most stunning species photography, means there truly is no book quite like this on the market.
It has received glowing quotes of endorsement from Neil Perry, Maggie Beer, Darren Robertson, John Lethlean, Dan Hong, Mitch Tonks and Cheong Liew amongst many other food industry greats.
About the authors:
John Susman is Australia’s pre-eminent providore of seafood, supplying the country’s best restaurants.
Anthony Huckstep is a restaurant reviewer, former chef and cookbook author.
Stephen Hodges is regarded by many in the food industry as Australia’s best seafood chef.
Sarah Swan is a chef and recipe developer who worked for Neil Perry’s Rockpool Group for 14 years.
Praise for Australian Fish & Seafood Cookbook
- “I’ve been waiting for a book like this for some time … an absolute game-changer.” Darren Robertson
- “A book Australia not only wants, but needs, written by the only people in the country truly equipped to tackle the task. Essential.” John Lethlean
- “This tome is the next best thing to having [John Susman] expand on his fascinating subject in person.” Maggie Beer
- “This is the only book I need when it comes to knowing how to handle, look for, research, prepare and cook Australian seafood.” Dan Hong
- “This book is a once in a lifetime opportunity for knowledge.” Mitch Tonks
- “For more than 30 years, John Susman has been introducing me to some of the best and most interesting fish and seafood in the country … Now it’s all in the book.” Cheong Liew
Australian Fish & Seafood Cookbook by Susman, Huckstep, Hodges and Swan is published by Murdoch Books (Sydney NSW, Oct 2016; HB, 480pp) and retails in Australia for RRP A$79.99
It is available direct from Murdoch Books here »
See links below for recipes from this book.
To see our recommendations, ratings and reviews you must be a logged-in subscriber.
To subscribe please enter your email address in the "Subscribe Now - it's Free" box on the right and click the "Join" button, or fill in this form >