Vintage 2015 – around Australia's wine regions »
Your quick link guide to vintage reports as they come in
It's hard to believe that another year has passed, with spring and budburst and all of a sudden the leaves are turning colour and vineyards around the country have been a hive of activity with people, bins, tractors and the odd winedog helping out.
Initial predictions are that the quality of Vintage 2015 #V15 will be high, although yields are down in some regions. SA finished vintage early, but cooler areas in Victoria and Tasmania are harvesting well into April.
Like the beers after a hard day's picking, vintage reports from around wine country are starting to flow and as they come our way we'll add them to our summary below.
- Heathcote (Vic): February's burst of warmer weather saw winegrower's preparing for picking earlier than first thought. Optimism is high for a strong vintage result across the region which is good news for lovers of the renowned beautiful shiraz »
- Margaret River (WA): as of mid March, the white wine vintage had been completed with many producers reporting their earliest ever finish in the first week of March. Yield is down across the board but quality is high »
- Barossa and Eden Valley (SA): as of mid March, looking fabulous, especially for shiraz »
- Geelong (Vic): another great year for this region with white varieties of exceptional quality »
- Adelaide Hills (SA): despite the threat from January's bushfires, the best vintage in 10 years is being celebrated »
Further vintage reports will be added to this list as we receive them.
For a comparison to last year's conditions, here's the summary for vintage around wine regions in 2014 »
And going back a year further, vintage reports for 2013 »
Regional wine associations (including NZ), if you'd like to add your vintage report or update the current report, please email details to Kerry@VisitVineyards.com. Please send images to images@VisitVineyards.com
To see our recommendations, ratings and reviews you must be a logged-in subscriber.
To subscribe please enter your email address in the "Subscribe Now - it's Free" box on the right and click the "Join" button, or fill in this form >