Recipe: Bay Leaf & Green Tea Martini from Gin: Shake. Muddle. Stir. »
One of the 40+ recipes for serious gin drinkers from Dan Jones
Contributed articles and stories
Dan Jones, author of Gin: Shake. Muddle. Stir., states that gin is the world's fastest growing artisanal spirit. It's certainly making a comeback and this book is designed to help you select your gins, mixers, glassware. In fact, it has all you need to prove there's a gin-based cocktail out there for everyone.
Why not start with this recipe?
Bay Leaf and Green Tea Martini
The classic martini, underpinned with an excellent, high-quality and super-dry gin, with a bay and green tea flavour adding a fresh, verdant and rather firm woodiness.
- premium green tea teabag 1
- vodka 30 ml (1 oz)
- Bay Leaf Gin (page 43) 60 ml (2 oz)
- lemon juice, freshly squeezed 15 ml (½ oz)
- fresh bay leaf to garnish
- Steep the green tea teabag in the vodka and at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Remove the teabag.
- Shake the wet ingredients over ice and strain into a glass.
- Top with the lemon juice and garnish with a bay leaf.
Gin: Shake, Muddle, Stir. by Dan Jones is published by Hardie Grant (London, UK, Nov 2016, HB). This extract is reproduced with the kind permission of the Australian publishers.
The book is is available in Australia for RRP A$29.99 and is also available to purchase direct from Hardie Grant here »
To see our recommendations, ratings and reviews you must be a logged-in subscriber.
To subscribe please enter your email address in the "Subscribe Now - it's Free" box on the right and click the "Join" button, or fill in this form >